Our focus has been on improving the overall site functionality, simplifying and modernizing the look and feel, and providing an even more mobile-friendly solution so you can buy on the go.
The new design will enable us to roll out further developments and functional improvements to handle your most complex online ordering needs. Our goal is to maintain a rolling program of updates over the balance of 2022.
Key improvements to the site today:
- Clean and simple layout – for a faster and more streamlined user experience
- New Product Detail Page –all product information lives on a single page with quick links to key information
- Streamlined Navigation – Category and sitemap improvements coupled with the new breadcrumb navigation component make site navigation even easier than before
- Quick Access – Our new “Quick Access” bar ensures you have easy access to key functions and pages
- Improved My Account Dashboard – enhanced to give a quick view of recent orders and quotes. My Account navigation has also been simplified
- Open Order Report - Updated report available in My Account showing estimated shipping dates for products on back order
- Product Search – Additional search improvements to make finding the correct product quicker and easier
- Speed and compatibility – Backend changes and improvements to meet page load speed and browser compatibility requirements on all devices
This new approach will be applied to our sister website Gracoroberts.com later this year, along with some significant functionality improvements and new features for their North American audience.
I want to thank you for your continued support of Silmid.com as we work to remain the online source of truth for you and your specialty chemical needs. As always, we welcome your feedback, so please feel free to reach out.
EVP Global Ecommerce