Loctite 270 High Strength Threadlocker
LOCTITE 270 is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners.
Data SheetsDownload the Loctite 270 technical data sheet (TDS) and the Loctite 270 safety data sheet (SDS) from Silmid today. Once you have logged in or signed up, select the product size you are interested in and the datasheet will be visible for download if one is available. Please login and select size/colour from the dropdown to access datasheets
Please Note: Specifications and approvals are subject to change at any time. Users should always consult their AMM or the OEM when selecting products to ensure items have the release needed. Only specifications listed on the order confirmation will be certified on the Silmid CofC.
Threadlocking Adhesive - high strength. Permanent locking. Suitable for all metal threaded assemblies. LOCTITE 270 is a high-strength threadlocker for maximum efficacy in the securing and sealing of bolts, nuts and studs to prevent loosening due to vibration.
The product serves to permanently lock assemblies which must not come loose. It works on all metals, including passive substrates such as stainless steel, aluminium and plated surfaces. It is proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids. Can be disassembled by heating to 300°C.
- High-strength general threadlocker for maximum efficacy
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminium, plated surfaces)
- Permits disassembly with hand tools
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123006
- Can be disassembled by heating to 300°C
- Cure time between 24hrs and 72hrs depending on surface
Loctite 270 uses and directions:
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the cure speed is too slow, use appropriate activator.
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product to the lower third of the internal threads in the blind hole, or the bottom of the blind hole
- For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
**orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.