3M PTFE Film Tape 5491 uses an extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film backing. This tape offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a smooth, non-stick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in the movement of materials in many types of lay-flat applications.
This 3M extruded film backing resists curling when unwound from the roll and lies flatter than skived PTFE film tapes, creating a more uniform non-skid surface. We developed this tape as a quick and easy solution to reduce friction between moving surfaces. It functions as an anti-stick or easy-release medium where pressure, temperature changes and other factors may create a measure of adhesion.
- Non-stick PTFE film provides an exceptionally slick surface for easy clean-up
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Wide temperature range for performance on heated machinery and equipment
- Extruded 3M PTFE Film Tape lies flatter than typical skived PTFE film tapes
- Excellent chemical resistance enables tape to withstand challenging applicationsHigh strength and abrasion resistance ensures reliability and performance to
- reduce friction, rattle and machinery noise
- 3M 5491 PTFE Tape
- Various sizes available
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.