3M Polyurethane Protective Tape 8547 is a 13 mil, transparent, flame resistant tape coated with a low peel, flame retardant acrylic adhesive and mounted on a polyethylene liner. The easy-release, white poly liner helps for ease of converting and die cutting into custom shapes, while also protecting the adhesive from contamination prior to application. The tough polyurethane backing is conformable to mount over curved or uneven surfaces. 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8547 is flame, scratch, puncture and impact resistant.
This tape is commonly used to protect components from surface damage during the manufacturer and transportation process, and as a flame retardant shield to prevent weld splatter from damaging glass and other components during welding operations. Since the backing is transparent, this tape allows natural light into interiors during the construction process to help assist with worker safety. This tape is UV stable and can withstand long periods of exposure to UV rays. 3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8547 meets aircraft and industry flame retardant specifications (NFPA 701-1989 Ed.).
- Flame resistant tape helps protect weld splatter from damaging glass and other component during welding operations
- When placed on windows, transparent tape allows natural light into interiors during construction process to help assist with worker safety
- Thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer is abrasion, scratch, erosion, corrosion, tear and puncture resistant
- Unique acrylic adhesive ensures tape is easily removed from surface without leaving residue, even after long exposure to ultraviolet light
- Conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved and uneven surfaces
- Measures: 12 Inch x 36 Yards
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8547 features a low-tack, low-peel, pressure sensitive, flame resistant acrylic adhesive. This allows the tape to adhere to a wide selection of substrates, including glass and brass.
The adhesive removes cleanly when finished, even after exposure to UV rays. The acrylic adhesive maintains adhesion in climate and temperature changes. It is solvent and UV resistant.
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.