3M™ Polyester Tape 8403 is a thicker polyester tape designed for easy handling and more durability. It is ideal for masking in high temperature applications and adheres well to silicone coated surfaces. The tape has a silicone adhesive that functions well for masking and removes cleanly, in one-piece, from most surfaces. This tape also excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers and films subject to high temperatures.
- Works in demanding conditions and retains flexibility in autoclave conditions in temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 350°F (177°C)
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Chemical resistant adhesive and backing provides durability in difficult environments, such as anodization
- Thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402, providing more durability and longer wear
- Ideal for splicing applications on surfaces that are difficult to adhere too, such as silicone coated papers and films
- Translucent green backing is easily identifiable for splicing applications
- Meets several aerospace specifications
- Measures: 2 inches x 72 Yards
For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing, use 3M™ Polyester Tape 8403. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402.
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.95*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.