CHT SGM494 Electrically Insulating Silicone Grease
SGM494 is water-repellent, work-stable, non-melting, tasteless and odourless silicone grease for electrical insulation purposes; it may also be used for potable water supplies.
Product notice - CHT is the new name for ACC Silicones. For further information on this change please click here.
- Work stable after 24 hours at 200°C
- Low bleed and weight loss
- WRAS approved
- Sealing electrical systems against water ingress
- Prevention of corona discharge
- Protection of insulation against corona discharge
- Potting of small electronic components
- Lubrication of electric cables through conduits
- Screw threads lubrication to prevent sticking and corrosion
- Packing of mineral fibre glands to prevent sticking
- Laboratory stop-cock lubrication
- Vacuum sealing of ground glass joints
Effect on Materials:
This silicone grease has little effect on metals and most plastics. It may, after prolonged contact with plasticised rubbers and plastics, have a slight effect due to plasticiser migration.
Properties at At 23+/-2°C:
- Appearance Translucent paste
- Bleed % <6 %
- Colour Translucent
- Max Working Temp +°C AFS_1540B 200 °C
- Min Working Temp - °C -50 °C
- Silicone Yes/No Yes
- Water Potable Yes
- Weight Loss % 1.5 %
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.