Ardrox NQ1 Solvent Based Developer 400ml Aerosol
- Commodity Code 38249992
- Country of Origin France
- UN Number 1950 CL2.1
Data SheetsPlease login to access Datasheets
ARDROX NQ1 is a suspension of an inert white powder in a quick drying solvent. It has a low sulphur, halogen and alkali metal content.
ARDROX NQ1 is used e.g. in non-destructive testing of forged parts, welds, casts and drop forged parts. ARDROX NQ1 is used with any of the ARDROX range of visible penetrants.
Method of use:
- Pre-Cleaning Clean part with e.g. ARDROX 9PR88 before applying penetrant (e.g. ARDROX 9VF2 or ARDROX 907PB). Apply wet film of cleaner to part and wipe clean with cloth. Surface has to be free of grease, oil and dirt. Allow part to dry before applying penetrant.
- Penetrant Spray a thin even film of penetrant to cover test area. Allow penetrant 10 - 30 minutes penetration time before removing.
- Penetrant Removal Remove excess surface penetrant with clean cloths, premoistened with cleaner. Alternatively, removal can be done by water spray or by rinsing with water. DO NOT flush surface with cleaner as sensitivity will be impaired. Repeat procedure until surface penetrant has been removed.
- Developer Shake ARDROX NQ1 developer thoroughly until agitator rattles. Spray thin, even developer film over area to be inspected (spraying distance 40 - 60 cm). Allow 10 ° 30 minutes developing time before evaluation.
Effects on materials:
ARDROX NQ1 has no effect on most common materials of construction. It is safe to use on steel, aluminium, brass, bronze, copper, magnesium, cadmium plate and titanium. Some plastics and rubbers may be softened by contact with this material; hence it is advisable to check before using specific grades of these.
- Appearance: White powder in light grey liquid.
- Density: approx. 0.8 g/cm° at 20°C.
- Flash Point: 16°C
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.