AeroShell W Oils were the first non-ash dispersant oils to be used in aircraft piston engines. Aeroshell W120 combines non-metallic additives with selected high viscosity index base stocks to give exceptional stability, dispersancy and anti-foaming performance. These additives leave no metallic ash residues that can lead to deposit formation in combustion chambers and on spark plugs, which can cause pre-ignition and possible engine failure.
£143.06 excl VAT
£171.67 inc VAT
£143.06 + VAT
£135.91 + VAT
£132.33 + VAT
£128.75 + VAT
SHELF LIFE: 1440 DAYS
Please note: The shelf life remaining on receipt may be less
AeroShell Piston Oil W120 has the following features;
- AeroShell W Oils are available in four different viscosity grades:
- AeroShell Oil W65 – AeroShell Oil W80
- AeroShell Oil W100 – AeroShell Oil W120
- The suffix for each grade corresponds to the viscosity of the oil at 210°F in
- Saybolt Universal Seconds.
- AeroShell W Oils are intended for use in four-stroke cycle certified reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbo charged engines.
- AeroShell W Oils are not recommended for use in automotive engines.
- For automotive engines converted for use in aircraft, the specific engine manufacturer or the conversion agency should be consulted for proper oil recommendation.
- Most radial engine operators use AeroShell Oil W120 in warm weather operations with AeroShell Oil W100 or AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 being used in cooler ambient temperatures.
- AeroShell Oil W100 or AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 are the common choices for most operators of Lycoming and Continental flat engines but, during colder parts of the year, use of AeroShell Oil W80 in place of AeroShell Oil W100 would be an excellent choice.
- Although some engine manufacturers and overhaulers suggest in their service bulletins the use of a straight mineral oil in new or recently overhauled engines for break-in, other rebuilders and manufacturers especially for engines such as the Lycoming O-320H recommend use of an AeroShell W Oil for break-in.
- Operators should therefore check with engine rebuilders or manufacturers for the correct recommendations for the specific engine.
**As an authorised AeroShell re-packer, this product has been repacked by Silmid**
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £6.95*
Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £19.50**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information on this page is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.