AeroShell Piston Engine Oil 80 1USQ Bottle *SAE J-1966 Grade 40
AeroShell 80 is approved to *SAE J-1966 Grade 40. It is a blended mineral oil that has a pour point depressant that improves fluidity at very low temperatures.
- Commodity Code 27101981
- Country of Origin Canada
Data SheetsPlease login to access Datasheets
Aeroshell 80 Piston Engine Oil does not contain any additives except for very small amounts of pour point depressant (which aids to improve fluidity at very low temperatures) and an anti oxidant.
This piston engine oil is approved for all aviation piston engines of civil aircraft when the use of an oil not containing a dispersant additive is required; however, they should also be used during the break-in of a new aviation piston engine or those recently overhauled.
The specially blended High Viscosity Index base oils in AeroShell Piston Engine Oil 80 have been designed to provide effective protection to engine components compared to conventional mineral oils. This helps ensure complete confidence and peace of mind knowing that your aircraft will perform reliably in between scheduled overhauls.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell oils maintain their viscosity and protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Approved for all reciprocating engines of civil aircraft used for running-in operations or older generation engines requiring non-additive type engine oils
(refer to manufacturers recommendations).
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Since AeroShell Oils 65, 80, 100 and 120 are fully approved to SAE J-1966 and are listed on the relevant Qualified Products List (QPL), elaborate precautions are not needed when changing from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- AeroShell Oils are inherently stable in storage. Providing that they have been stored and handled correctly, prolonged storage does not have any effect on their quality, properties or performance.
- The U.S. Specification SAE J-1966 replaces MIL-L-6082E
- U.s.: Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 40
- British: Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 40
- French: (AIR 3560/ D Grade SAE 30)
- Russian: MS-14
- Joint Service Designation: OM-107
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.