AeroShell Piston Engine Oil 100
Data SheetsPlease login to access Datasheets
This piston oil does not contain any additives except for very small amounts of pour point depressant (which aids to improve fluidity at very low temperatures) and an anti oxidant.
This oil is approved for all aviation piston engines of civil aircraft when the use of an oil not containing a dispersant additive is required; however, they should also be used during the break-in of a new aviation piston engine or those recently overhauled.
The specially blended High Viscosity Index base oils in AeroShell Oil 100 have been designed to provide effective protection to engine components compared to conventional mineral oils. This helps ensure complete confidence and peace of mind knowing that your aircraft will perform reliably in between scheduled overhauls.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell oils maintain their viscosity and protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Approved for all reciprocating engines of civil aircraft used for running-in operations or older generation engines requiring non-additive type engine oils (refer to manufacturers recommendations).
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils.
- Since AeroShell Oil 100 is fully approved to SAE J-1966 and are listed on the relevant Qualified Products List (QPL), elaborate precautions are not needed when changing from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- AeroShell Oils are inherently stable in storage.
- Providing that they have been stored and handled correctly, prolonged storage does not have any effect on their quality, properties or performance.
- The U.S. Specification SAE J-1966 replaces MIL-L-6082E
- U.s.: Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 50
- British: Approved J-1966 SAE Grade 50
- French: (AIR 3560/ D Grade SAE 50)
- Russian: MS-20
- NATO Code: O-117 Obsolete
- Joint Service Designation: OM-270
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.