Ardrox AV15 Corrosion Inhibiting Compound
Data SheetsPlease login to access Datasheets
ARDROX® AV 15 can be used in all areas of the airframe offering extremely good corrosion prevention at very low film weight. Moveble parts should be masked before treatment, unless sufficient control of the spray is possible. If not possible, the use of the soft, waxy ARDROX AV 25 is recommended.
Ardrox AV15 is applied as a coating to protect metals commonly used in airframe structures and in aerospace components from corrosion. Ardrox® AV15 can be used in all areas of the airframe on painted and unpainted surfaces. It combines good penetration properties with excellent corrosion inhibiting characteristics at a low film weight.
- The viscosity is adjusted to allow very easy and safe application in difficult to reach areas of the airframe.
- Can be applied by dipping, brushing, or spraying
- Tack-free, firm film
- Flash Point 38 °C / 100 °F minimum
- Non-volatile Content 50 % by weight minimum
- Density at 23 °C (73 °F) 910 kg/m³ Coverage 31 m²/L at 15 µm
- Application Temperature 4 to 30 °C / 40 to 85 °F
- Storage Temperature -20 to 38 °C / 40 to 100 °F
- Shelf Life 3 years from date of manufacture
- Colour Transparent, brown Film
- Appearance Tack-free, firm film
- Specific Film Weight 15 g/m2
- Dry Film Thickness 15 to 25 µm
- Drying Time at Ambient Temperature Approx. 60 minutes
- Ardrox AV15
- IPS 09-08-003-03
- Supplied in various sizes
To view further Ardrox literature, please click here to visit our Ardrox brochure section.
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.