ARDROX 3140 provides long term protection for raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished components, which are to be stored or used in corrosive environments. ARDROX 3140 provides a high standard of protection under conditions of high humidity and is therefore suitable for the protection of components, which are to be stored or transported in tropical climates. Coatings are resistant to rain and are therefore suitable for protection under conditions of outdoor storage.
ARDROX 3140 is not resistant to severe mechanical abrasion but the fully cured coatings will withstand normal handling operations. Other applications include the protection of structural box sections and panelled areas of all road, rail and sea transport vehicles. Ideally, when used in this way, ARDROX 3140 should form part of a water removal and protection process. The first part of this process is the elimination of water and moisture films by application of ARDROX 3961 or 3962 and then, when solvent evaporation from these products is complete, Ardrox 3140 is applied for long term protection.
- It dries through various stages forming first a tacky film, then a soft film and finally, when solvent evaporation is complete, a firm, rubbery film.
- The dark brown colour of the coating enables those areas of incomplete or light coverage to be easily seen.
- Provides long term protection for raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished components, which are to be stored or used in corrosive environments.
- Provides a high standard of protection under conditions of high humidity
- Coatings are resistant to rain and are therefore suitable for protection under conditions of outdoor storage.
- Is not resistant to severe mechanical abrasion but the fully cured coatings will withstand normal handling operations.
- Dassault Aviation - DGQT 184.108.40.206
- SNECMA - DMR 75-610 B
- Turbomeca - Note Technique No. 5098
- Aerospatiale - PQ 816.00
- French Ministry of Defence - Norme Air 0011
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty - SPM 32-09-01
- Messier-Bugatti-Dowty - IFC 30-135-01E
- Turbomeca - TS 00706
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.95*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.