MOLYKOTE™ 1000 Paste is a solid lubricant paste for bolted metal joints that contains no lead or nickel. This paste has been used successfully for cylinder head bolts, nozzle head screw of plastic injection moulding machines, bolted joints in the chemical industry and rings of centrifuges.
- Can be used over a wide range of temperature (30ºC to +650ºC)
- High load-bearing capacity
- Enables non-destructive dismantling, even after long use at high temperatures
- Coefficient of friction unchanged in the area of oiled bolts, even after several bolt retightening and loosening processes
- Good corrosion protection
Suitable for bolted joints that are subjected to high temperatures up to 650°C (1202°F) and to corrosive effects, and which, after assembling and the initial operation, have to be re-tightened or disconnected. In order to ensure constant pre-stressing forces, uniform and steady coefficients of friction of the lubricant are necessary.
Used successfully for cylinder head bolts, nozzle head screws of plastic injection moulding machines, bolted joints in the chemical industry, and for the tension rings of centrifuges.
Coefficient of Friction
- Screw test - µ thread 0.13
- Screw test - µ head 0.08