Product notice - Dow Corning has rebranded to DOWSIL, click here to read our news post for more information.
Primarily used as groove injection sealants for aircraft fuel tanks. Also suitable for various sealing applications that require a non-curing sealant. The sealant is injected directly by air gun into the grooves of integral fuel tank systems during fabrication or maintenance.
Upon exposure to common fuels, this sealant will swell slightly, tightening the seal during service. This characteristic is especially beneficial when, as a result of aerodynamic heating, expansion of fuel and fuel vapours may cause internal tank pressure.
- Superior sealing characteristics under exposure to fuels and oils
- Easily injected and reinjected
- Maintains consistency over wide temperature range from -55°C to +200°C
- Good tack adhesion
- Essentially unaffected by shock, vibration and thermal cycling
- Contains no catalyst or curing agent Withstands immersion in fuels and exposure to fuel vapours in temperatures up to +200°C
- Contains flow-control particles
- Excellent flow characteristics provide faster injection at reduced pressures
- Meets MIL-S-85334(AS)
Please note this product was previously known as Dow Corning.
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.95*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.