Kathon FP Changes
There are a range of changes occurring concerning fuel biocide legislation in the U.K. and Europe and as a consequence, commercial changes to Kathon™ FP 1.5 pricing, availability & distribution.
Firstly, Kathon™ FP 1.5 will no longer be available for aviation use with immediate effect. Aviation users should refer to their Aircraft Maintenance Manual/OEM for advice on how to proceed with fuel contamination issues or contact their Silmid Account Manager. Click here for further information from DuPont.
In addition, the manufacturers of Kathon™ FP 1.5 have granted Fuelcare an own brand biocide FuelClear MB15 within their CMIT/MIT biocidal product family (under the European Union Biocides Products Regulations). This means FuelClear MB15 is now available as a low price, union-authorised fuel biocide - one of the only fuel biocides available throughout Europe with a tried & trusted fuel biocide chemistry, E.U. & U.K. national approvals as well as coming from a company with 40 years' of fuel biocide experience and expert technical assistance.
- FuelClear MB15 is now available for sale for our non-aviation fuels customers.
- FuelClear MB15 has the same characteristics as Kathon™ FP 1.5.
- FuelClear MB15 is the same chemical, made in the same manufacturing facility with the same Quality Assurance as Kathon™ FP 1.5.
- FuelClear MB15 contains the same active ingredient CMIT/MIT as Kathon™
- FP 1.5 in the same proportion to solvent Glycol. Both active ingredient and tradename (FuelClear MB15) have been notified under the E.U. Biocides Products Regulations (B.P.R.). The active ingredient is now fully approved and the final dossier will be available shortly.
If you have any queries on these changes please get in touch with your account manager or call 01675 432 850.