Wire rope lubricant featuring advanced pseudoplastic rheology. BIOGEN WIRESHIELD demonstrates industry leading corrosion protection, protecting ropes from their primary failure mode. BIOGEN WIRESHIELD is a dark grey gel, however, it is designed to immediately transform into a fluid consistency under shear to aid penetration into the core of the rope. BIOGEN WIRESHIELD then returns back to a grease consistency. This transformation ensures that the lubricant resists dripping and fling.
- Industry leading corrosion protection No sheen formula
- Pseudoplastic rheology increases penetration of the lubricant.
- This is enhanced by the use of a high pressure applicator
- BIOGEN WIRESHIELD has a wide temperature range -50°C to +180°C
- The thin, non-tacky film of BIOGEN WIRESHIELD prevents build-up of dust and dirt and is highly resistant to water wash-off
- BIOGEN WIRESHIELD has excellent lubricating properties which reduces wear on wires and strands, ultimately maximising service life
- BIOGEN WIRESHIELD is highly stable in the presence of salt water, ensuring protection when exposed to sea water for extended periods of time.
- Approved for use on Rolls Royce Syncrolift.
Click here to view the ROCOL marine & offshore lubricants brochure.
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.