This Aeroshell piston engine oil does not contain any additives except for very small amounts of pour point depressant (which aids to improve fluidity at very low temperatures) and an anti oxidant.
This oil is approved for all aviation piston engines of civil aircraft when the use of an oil not containing a dispersant additive is required; however, they should also be used during the break-in of a new aviation piston engine or those recently overhauled.
The specially blended High Viscosity Index base oils in AeroShell Oil 120 have been designed to provide effective protection to engine components compared to conventional mineral oils. This helps ensure complete confidence and peace of mind knowing that your aircraft will perform reliably in between scheduled overhauls.
- Promotes Engine Cleanness. The non-ash forming, polymeric additive was developed to help eliminate the harmful combustion chamber deposits that occur during normal operation.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell W oils maintain their viscosity and help protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Since AeroShell Oils W80, W100 and W120 are fully approved to SAE J-1899 and are listed on the relevant Qualified Products List (QPL), elaborate precautions are not needed when changing from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- AeroShell W Oils are inherently stable in storage. Providing that they have been stored and handled correctly, prolonged storage does not have any effect on their quality, properties or performance
- The U.S. Specification SAE J-1899 replaces MIL-L-22851D
- U.S.: Approved J-1899 SAE Grade 50
- British: Approved J-1899 SAE Grade 50
- French: AIR 3570 (Grade SAE 30)
- Russian: MS-20
- Joint Service Designation: OMD-250
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.