Please note - Due to high volume of orders and shipments, Silmid UK standard despatch are operating at 2-3 days order to shipping service; if required priority shipping services are still available.
Dupont Betaseal 1580 Glass Bonding Adhesive 600ml Sausage (306144)
Dupont Betaseal 1580 adhesive from Dow Automotive Systems is the first cold-applied 1-K PU glass bonding adhesive offering 30-minute minimum drive-away time even on cars with dual airbags.
- Commodity Code 32141010
- Country of Origin Germany
Product notice - This product contains diisocyanates which have restrictions on supply and use in Great Britain. Click here to read more.
Data SheetsPlease login to access Datasheets
BETASEAL°° 1580 adhesive from Dow Automotive Systems is the firstcold-applied 1-K PU glass bonding adhesive offering 30-minute minimumdrive-away time ° even on cars with dual airbags. It is formulated for todays useof glass as a high-strength structural component, with Dows new acceleratedisotropic network structure (AINS). AINS is the backbone for all of Dows newaftermarket formulations.
This new chemistry allows our adhesive technologyunprecedented link-up and strength while the adhesive is in a partially cured state,and a partial- adhesion-promoting package allows application of BETASEAL1580 adhesive directly on a sound, secured polyurethane cut bead without aprimer or activator.
It offers proven performance based on sophisticated computersimulations, an extensive test program in our state-of-the-art testing facilities, andactual crash testing conducted by independent testing company TÜV
- 30-minute minimum drive away time
- Primer less to the fresh PU cut-back bead (within two hours)
- Works on all vehicles at virtually any ambient temperature from -5°C to 45°C
- No preheating necessary (with professional dispensers) ° adhesive is easy toapply even at temperatures near 0°C
- Long working time of 15 minutes, high initial green strength and greatdecking stability for use on larger, cross-curved glass
- Very good non-sag properties and short cut-off string
- Satisfies OEM specifications and recommendations
- Non-conductive for use on windscreens with radio and satellite navigationantennas, heads-up displays, rain sensors, heating and demisting systemsor electrochromic systems
- High modulus formula for use on todays vehicles, where as much as40 percent of the structural integrity is derived from the glass
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.