$182.52 + VAT
$173.40 + VAT
$168.84 + VAT
$164.27 + VAT
A8 is a unique blend of chemicals developed to enable efficient soft soldering to metals such as stainless steels. These metals are difficult to solder due to the tough chromic oxide layer, which is present on the surface of the steel alloys. The free acid within A8 flux removes these oxides, thusproducing a lean surface for the solder to wet.
- High activity Flux â€“ Easy soft soldering to stainless steels.
- Water soluble residues
- Easy post soldering cleaning.
- Used to solder all stainless steels and particularly successful with 18/8 (302-304), 321S16, S80, Stellite.
- Suitable for use on zinc. If trying to solder to galvanised steel, care should be taken not to allow the A8 to etch the zinc from the steel surface.
- Surface corrosion will be more likely if this is allowed to happen.
- Ideal for use with various solder alloy grades, A8 works particularly with Sn60 Pb40 solder(ISO 9453,Alloy No.2). If the joint has to be lead free, then CEAMGâ€™s Sn99 Cu1 grade solder (ISO 9453, Alloy no.23) should be used. Both alloys are available in wire and tinmans format.
Specifications and Information
$182.52 excl VAT
($182.52 Inc VAT)
No stock - lead time 10 days
UN3264 CL8 II
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.