- 3M 5432 Polyethylene tape is a thick caliper UHMW polyethylene tape for extended service life as a protective surface against extreme wear.
- UHMW polyethylene is a thermoplastic that has a unique combination of properties which make it ideal for many tough impact wear or sliding applications.
- Liner makes it ideal for fabricating or die-cutting into various lengths and shapes.
- Outstanding abrasion resistance so will outwear many types of PTFE and other materials in sliding applications.
- Low coefficient of friction exceeded only by the PTFE’s.
- Self-lubricating so can often be used where lubrication is not possible because of contamination.
- Sound damping for high energy absorption capacity helps reduce noise levels in machinery and equipment.