3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR has an acrylic adhesive for many applications requiring high adhesion, an abrasion-resistant backing and flame retardant properties. This product is typically used for sealing aircraft cargo bay panels to provide a permanent seal.
- Meets flame retardancy requirements of F.A.R. Part 25.853(a) and F.A.R. Part 25.855(d).
- 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR meets the requirements of and can be qualified to Boeing material specification BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A.
- EU compliant per directive 2003/11/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of February 6, 2003, amending Council Directive 76/769/EEC which restricts the use of penta-BDE and octa-BDE flame retardants.
- Acrylic adhesive has excellent long aging properties ideal for many permanent applications.
- White color makes finished job look appealing.
- Formulation does not contain antimony.
- High conformability.