3M™Scotch-Weld 847 Nitrile High Performance Rubber & Gasket Adhesive 847 provides strong flexible bonds.
Features of Scotch Weld 847:
- 3M™ Nitrile High Performance Rubber & Gasket Adhesives 847 and 847H provide strong flexible bonds
- Rubber & gasket adhesive 847 is a medium viscosity grade adhesive for many brush or flow applications
- Rubber & gasket adhesive 847 meets the requirements of Mil-C-4003
- Rubber & gasket adhesive 847H is a high viscosity grade adhesive for many brush or flow applications requiring gap filling or reduced soak-in
- Quick drying
- Excellent resistance to many fuels and oils
- Bond leather, nitrile rubber, most plastics, and gasketing materials to a variety of substrates
- May be heat cured to obtain improved physical properties
- Temperature of the adhesive and surfaces to be bonded should be at least 65°F (18°C)
- Porous Surfaces: Brush, flow or spray a thin, even coat of adhesive to one or both surfaces. Coating both surfaces is preferred since it gives greater strength and permits longer open time before bonding. Very absorbent materials may require more than one coat. Bond while adhesive is still wet or aggressively tacky. Join surfaces with firm pressure.
- Non-Porous Surfaces: Brush, flow or spray a thin, even coat of adhesive to both surfaces. Allow adhesive to dry until tacky. Join surfaces with firm pressure.