Dow Corning® 557 Silicone Dry Film Lubricant can be used:
- In steel production where it can increase slitter-blade life, resulting in clean, square edges
- In aluminum production where it can lengthen the life of tools and dies, improve surface finish, lubricate sliding surfaces and surfaces during extruding, deep drawing or spinning
- In machine shops where it can improve surface finishes; extend the life of cutting tools, taps, dies, drills, slitters, and forming tools; reduce wear and reduce stick-slip or metal seizure on bearings, slides, cams adjusting screws, guides and ways
- For textile, paper and woodworking industries where it can reduce wear and friction and reduce product staining from spinning frames, knives, scissors, punches, chain, conveyors or material-handling equipment
- For rubber and plastic industries where it can reduce sticking, pickup or product contamination from handling equipment, knives, conveyors or sliding surfaces
- Waxlike, extreme-pressure lubricant
- Supplied as liquid or aerosol; remains as wax film after solvent evaporation
Orders over £50 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £50 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £6.95*
Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £19.50**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.
DocumentsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information on this page is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.