Loctite SI 5940 is a black, 1-part, room temperature vulcanizing acetoxy silicone paste sealant. It is primarily used as a general-purpose sealing and bonding agent, space-filling rubber adhesive or formed-in-place gasket. It adheres to clean metal, glass, most non-oily woods, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramic, natural and synthetic fibre and many painted and plastic surfaces.
- Excellent resistance to ageing, shrinkage, cracking and discolouring
- Cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, waterproof, oil-resistant silicone rubber bond
- Typically used in applications with an operating range of -50°C to +200°C and can intermittently reach temperatures up to +220°C
- Loctite SI 5940
- Black RTV Silicone Sealant
- Supplied in various sizes