- They cure to a tough, durable, resilient silicone rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature. Acetic acid vapors are released from the sealant surface as a by-product of cure
- RTV102, RTV103, RTV108 and RTV109 sealants are standard strength paste consistency products which can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces where pourable/self-leveling sealants are not practical
- RTV112 and RTV118 sealants are self-leveling products which are preferable to paste-consistency sealants when flow into small crevices and hard-to-reach places is desired. RTV106 sealant is paste-consistency sealant. RTV116 sealant is a self-leveling sealant.
- Both RTV106 and RTV116 sealants are standard strength high-temperature sealants. Since all these sealants utilize a moisture cure system, they must not be used in thicknesses of greater than 6mm (1/4 in.). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.), GE Silicones one component, addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds are recommended.
Key Performance Properties
- One-component products
- Capability to cure at room temperature and ambient humidity
- Self adhesion properties
- Low temperature flexibility
- High temperature performance
- Excellent weatherability and ozone
- Excellent ozone and chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation properties