Nyco Grease GN 144 is a soft NLGI 1.5 grease, based on a synthetic poly-alpha-olefin and ester oil blend thickened with a lithium soap. It is fortified with strong anti-corrosion, antioxidant and anti-wear additives.
- Nyco Grease GN 144 has been developed with the cooperation of aircraft component manufacturers to solve the problem of slat & flap components jamming by ice at low temperature.
- It also suppress the problem of heavy corrosion caused by water ingress in the screw-jack ballnut that is often observed with standard MIL-PRF-23827 greases.
- Nyco Grease GN 144 has been qualified by Airbus Industries for such applications, is listed in the AIMS 09-06-001 QPL and mentioned on the Service Information Letter 27-094 rev. 4 dated May 14, 1996.
- It can be used in the temperature range -60 to +120°C.
- Airframe multipurpose grease (doors, flaps, slaps, landing gear…)
- Helicopter systems
- Landing gear
- Tail Horizontal Stabilizer (THS)
- Anti-corrosion for screw-jack ball nuts
- Temperature range: -60°C to 120°C
Superseded by Nyco Grease GN 148