Bonderite M-CR ALCRM is a two pack liquid chemical system which will impart an iridescent golden, protective chromate coating of 0.3 - 2.0 gram/m2 on clean, oxide-free aluminium and aluminium alloy surfaces.
Features of Bonderite M-CR ALCRM:
- A rapid, non-electrolytic, chromate conversion treatment.
- Gives equivalent protection to the dip product.
- Simple to use: easy mixing ratio.
- Excellent base for paint systems.
- Forms an integral layer with aluminium: highly flexible and impact resistant.
It is mostly specified when dipping is not commercially viable: for example, repairing Alocromed or anodised surfaces; as a preparation for aircraft coating systems or the treating of a few bespoke components. It is approved to DEF STAN 03-18 and DTD 902E in the UK; as Alodine 1200 it is approved to US MIL-C-5541 and by all major aircraft manufacturers including B.Ae.Airbus ABP 1-5057.