- Wide temperature range performance, maintains good shear and
- tack properties at intermittent temperatures up to 500°F
- Adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces (stainless steel, anodized aluminum, steel) including low energy surfaces (silicones,fluoropolymers, polyolefines)
- Resistance to moisture, weathering (ozone, sunlight), chemical (acids, alkalis, oils) and biological (fungus) attack
- Elastomeric properties after curing with SRC18 catalyst
- Creep resistance
It is supplied at 55 percent silicone solids and may be further diluted with aromatic, aliphatic or chlorinated solvents. PSA529 may be blended with SR545 resin dispersion or with other methyl based silicone pressure sensitive adhesives to obtain specific performance properties.
- PSA529 silicone adhesive may be applied and heat cured on high speed laminating lines or at room temperature in a broad range of fastening applications.
- PSA529 adhesive may be used as a replacement for mechanical fasteners with or without the addition of fillers.
- PSA529 silicone adhesive has exhibited good adhesion to many difficult to bond surfaces including low energy surfaces and silicone rubber.
- PSA529 adhesive and SRC18 amino silane catalyst have been found useful for bonding silicone rubber to variety of substrates such as stainless steel, anodized aluminum and cold rolled steel. A bond frequently stronger than the rubber itself is achieved through the use of PSA529 and SRC18 catalyst.
- The PSA529/SRC18 system cures at room temperature. Cure time can be shortened with elevated temperatures up to 149º C
You need to use Momentive SRC 18 Catalyst with this product.