Epo-tek 353ND Advantages & Application Notes:
- Reasonable pot-life that allows for low temperature curing to be realized. It has an amber color change upon cure.
- NASA approved, low outgassing epoxy - http://outgassing.nasa.gov/
- Semiconductor suggested applications: wafer-wafer bonding of CSP; fabrication of MEMs devices; flip chip underfill.
- Hybrid suggested applications: providing near hermetic seals in sensor devices, resisting high temperature packaging o Down-Hole petrochemical fiber optic sensors, resisting >200Â°C field conditions
- Fiber optic adhesive designed to meet Telecordia 1221 - suggested applications: o Sealing fiber into ferrules, transmitting light in the optical pathway from 800- 1550 nm range o Fiber component packaging; adhesive for active alignment of optics, environmental seal of opto-package, V-groove arrays
Medical suggested applications:
- Potting Fiber Optic bundles into SST ferrules for light guides and endoscopes, resisting sterilization cycles of autoclave, ETO, gamma, H202 plasma
- Certified to USP Class VI Biocompatiblility Standards for medical implants; adhesive for catheter devices including stents and guide wires
Electronics Assembly suggested Applications:
- Used as dielectric layer in the fabrication of capacitors; laminating PZT ferroelectrics found in ultrasound or ink-jetting devices
- Impregnating and insulating copper coil windings in motors and inductor coils. Bonding ferrite cores and