Momentive RTV116 one component, ready-to-use adhesive sealants are extremely versatile. They cure to a tough, durable, resilient silicone rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature. Acetic acid vapors are released from the sealant surface as a by-product of cure. RTV116 sealant is a self-leveling sealant.
RTV116 sealants are standard strength high-temperature sealants. Since all these sealants utilize a moisture cure system, they must not be used in thicknesses of greater than 6mm (1/4 in.). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.), GE Silicones one component, addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds are recommended.
Key Performance Properties
- One-component products
- Capability to cure at room temperature and ambient humidity
- Self adhesion properties
- Low temperature flexibility
- High temperature performance
- Excellent weatherability and ozone
- Excellent ozone and chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical insulation properties