SOCOCLEAN SHINE can also be used as a dry-wash to clean and remove organic and solid contaminants such as exhaust tracks, Skydrol and insects etc. from metallic surfaces. SOCOCLEAN SHINE is a water-based polish that deliver a glass-like gloss and protect surfaces.
- Solvent-free product – no VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Does not require rinsing – reduces time spent on maintenance operations and water consumption.
- Restores surface gloss to 90 GU (gloss units) or better.
- Forms a protective water-repellent surface resistant to new soil deposits, helping to reduce maintenance costs.
- Designed for use on dry or wet surfaces (rain, dew, high humidity).
- Does not cause crazing.
How to use:
- What is the best concentration to use? 5-20%, depending on the intended use.
- When is a 5% concentration used? For general aircraft cleaning (appearance).
- When is a 20% concentration used? To remove carbon deposits such as jet blast or the accumulation of Skydrol from underneath the airframe.
- How is the product applied to the exterior of an aircraft? Using an airless or HVLP (recommended) spray application system. It can also be applied using a brush.
- Is it necessary to rinse with water after application? Yes, preferably using hot water (55°C).
- What is the recommended concentration if using SYNCLAIR A/C in a bath? 10% concentration is recommended for immersion. Higher than this can create a silicate crust on the surface.
- Sococlean Socoshine
- Solvent Based Cleaner
- 20Lt Drum
Specifications and Information
Document DownloadsSil-Mid Limited DO NOT GUARANTEE that the information in these documents is the most up to date information available from the manufacturer, there are times when updated information is released and we are not made aware immediately.
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £8.95*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £21.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.