Loctite 243 Medium Strength Threadlocker
Loctite 243 is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools.
The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. Particularly suitable for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly with hand tools is required for servicing. The thixotropic nature of Loctite-243 reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate.
5 reasons why Loctite 243 is a
- Strengthens threaded assemblies against vibration by adding approx. 25% to the torque needed to loosen a normally tightened bolt assembly. Reason
- One product for locking various sized fasteners, versus an inventory of different sized mechanical locking devices you would otherwise need to keep (saves both money and space).
- It’s suitable for active and inactive substrates. Do note though that activator LOCTITE SF 7649 is needed on inactive surfaces.
- It’s tolerant to minor oil contamination, curing on as-received fasteners without cleaning, or on parts that aren’t easily accessible for thorough cleaning during maintenance.
- Assemblies locked by LOCTITE 243 can be easily disassembled when needed, using ordinary hand tools.
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminium, plated surfaces)
- Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Permits disassembly with hand tools for servicing
- Chemical Type Dimethacrylate ester
- Appearance (uncured) Blue
- Fluorescence Positive under UV light
- Components One component - requires no mixing
- Viscosity Medium, thixotropic
- Cure Anaerobic
- Secondary Cure Activator
- Application Threadlocking
- Strength Medium
Orders over £100 placed online will now qualify for FREE UK Mainland delivery*
Orders under £100 placed online for UK Mainland delivery is £12.00*
**Orders requiring Pre 10.00am Next Day delivery has also been lowered from £35.00 to £30.00, orders placed through the office will incur additional charges.**
International delivery (door to door delivery) is available for selected countries worldwide. Shipping will be automatically calculated based on the weight, location and hazardous nature of the goods. Customers can also choose ex works to arrange their own collection.
Please refer to our delivery page for more information.